Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sprinklers clogging & sedment in water lines!?

Just bought a new house on friday. We have well water. It's a 700-foot deep well which has a yield of 3GPM.





Anyways, I have been watering my lawn and after about 30 - 45 minutes the sprinkler heads clog from sediment. I go outside and the srpinkler is just spinning in little circles sputtering out a little dribble of water. I have to literally flush out and reconnect the sprinklers every 20 - 30 minutes.





How do I flush the line? I can see all the grit in the toilet at the bottom when the water settles.





Does this sediment flush out eventually? Or do I need a filtration system? I need the water - my brand new hydroseeded lawn is going to die!

Sprinklers clogging %26amp; sedment in water lines!?
We had the same problem in PA. Hard water, lots of iron. Clogged everything.





To stop the problem, you will need to filter the water right after it comes through the well pump.





A water softener is the best way to go, but it can be very costly. What we did was put up a small filter (about a foot long) on the pipe coming out of the pump. You can buy it, and the filters for it at Home Depot, and probably Lowes. I think it was less than $100.00.





I don't know if you could install it yourself though. My husband did it himself, but was familiar with plumbing.





The filters said they would last 3 months, but I had to change ours every 3-4 weeks since we had so much sediment. But it sure made a difference with water pressure, and stopped the constant clogging.





I'll search around a little bit and see if I can find something on the internet like what I'm talking about.





Good luck!



car financing

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

clogs Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting