Sunday, March 14, 2010

Eustacian Tube clogged ears ... see details?

I saw a doctor the other day because my cold had clogged up my ear and I had gunk coming out of my eye. He prescribed some sudafed and some eye ointment. The eye has cleared up but the ear has not. I can plug my nose and blow air into the ear, but the air is coming out somewhere else instead of back through the eustacian tube and the other way it's coming out requires quite a bit of pressure behind it. I know this because when I stop blowing, the air stops coming out the other way and I'm still left with slightly painful pressure in my ear.


Whats wrong, and do I need to go back to the doctor?


Please only answer if you have experience with this sort of thing.

Eustacian Tube clogged ears ... see details?
The air could be going through your nasolacrimal duct and coming out of your eye, which I think is fairly normal (in my experience this takes a lot of pressure and causes a weird sensation accompanied by a high pitched whistling sound coming from the eye).





I don't recall being able to blow air through the eustacian tube so that it comes out of the ear, though I know you can change the pressure in your ear and sometimes cause it to hurt... were you able to blow air out through your ear before?





If you don't have any other problems this could be ok, otherwise you should probably talk to the doctor about it.



fashion accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

clogs Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting