Wednesday, March 17, 2010

If Diary clogged pores, can steam + accutane speed the healing process?

I just found this wedsite that goes into great detail on why dairy causes acne (http://www.acnemilk.com/the_no_milk_acne...


one of the things they mention is how long it take to get under control because of the dairy buildup and how in the beginning you should nix dairy completly at first.


I tried the no diary diet for a month not realizing that it would take a few more than that, but this past few weeks I was having yogurt and organic milk (I usually drink soy milk, but I didnt think my sister would finish it by the time we head back home from school). Anyways, I've dealt with acne for a long time now and Im sick of it. I want to go on accutane BUT until then Im going back on teh no diary diet.





What I want to know is, if diary does some serious clogging like the article says do you think if I steam my face I can speed things up?


which in turn makes me wonder if that will make the accutane treatment shorter?

If Diary clogged pores, can steam + accutane speed the healing process?
honestly, my mom was all about the whole anti-dairy thing. it really didn't help me to clear up at all. if it were as easy as all that why do my vegan friends struggle with acne? i used to have that really deep acne, in addition to oily skin. honestly it really has to do with hormones, sodium, stress and so much more.


accutane is pretty hardcore. it helps but is a pretty harsh product. i worked for my brother in law but it was an intersting process. while he was on it he had excessive facial peeling and frequent nose bleeds.


i tried everything but accutane. i did the non-dairy, proactiv, birth control etc. the truth is, there is no miracle cure for acne because everyone and their skin is so unique. i became absesssed with wanting clear skin.


what finally worked for me was drinking lots of water, the frequent cup of mint tea. avoiding fried foods and cutting bacon out of my diet. i eat less shrimp (also high in sodium). really water is the main thing here.


then 2nd thing that really helped me out was exfoliating. i now use those scrubby facial sponges. way better than any scrub or exfoliating face wash. now my skin is really soft too.


i use clinique's facial wash and lotions. i understand that they may not work for everyone but i can't complain here.


bottom line for everyone-


lots of water, no oily fried foods and exfoliate



maintenance repairs

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

clogs Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting